September 17, 2012

My Baby Channels Matthew McConaughey …

He likes to drum in the nakey.

And I am totally letting him because we’re in Potty Training Bootcamp.

You’d think I’d never potty trained a child before.  But I have.  Three of them, in fact.  One was so-so with lots of accidents.  One came to me and said, “I want panties” and was trained in a week, and one was easy peasy lemon squeezy because his Darth Vader underwear was awesome.  Can you guess who I’m talking about?

But this one. This one is different.  He’s trouble.  He’s resistant. He’s hiding in corners and going in his underwear. He’s naughty and he’s very happy to have me wipe him and change him and clean him up while he lays around and does nothing.

So, bootcamp it is.  I’ve got rewards. I’ve got consequences. I’ve got changes of clothes in my purse.  I’ve got stickers and charts and  a portable toilet in the back of my van for when we go to the park.  

Some days Owlie roams around in just his underwear.  And some days he decides even the underwear is too much.  Whatever.  As long as he does his business on the toilet, it’s all good.

My goal? To never buy a diaper again. To only have to wipe one hiney – my own.

And he can play his bongos in the nudie patootie. Thank you very much Mr. McConaughey for the idea.

How about you? Any great potty training advice you have for me would be muchly appreciated!

8 comments:

TracieCarter said...

No advice, just big sympathy anxiety! You can do it!

The Queen Vee said...

This to shall pass, he sure has a cute ---. Sorry I couldn't help myself.

Apis Melliflora said...

We still talk about potty training disasters that we survived. So my advice is to remember: what is not funny now will be the stuff of legend some day.

squeezeme said...

In my experience, the last is the HARDEST! (But very, very cute.)

Tobi said...

I have no great advice. I'm sorry your naked boy is being a little stubborn about the potty. I'm sending you my best wished and prayers that he changes his mind.

Suzy J said...

someone once told me not to fret that they wouldn't go to kindergarten in diapers. sigh. that didn't make it easier but it made me feel a little better when I felt like they were NEVER going to catch on! Prayers are with you! bang the drums when mama needs to too! ;)

Bells said...

It's not easy that's for sure! My girls were faster at learning than my boys. The boys liked to "shoot" cheerios or tp wads in the toilet, and that seemed to motivate them. The girls taught their dolls how to potty by demonstrating to them and teaching them about the warning signs of how you feel when you need to go potty. Maybe Owlie has a stuffed animal he could teach how to potty? Good luck my friend!

Aiketa said...

hahahahhahah this photo of Owlie is hilarous! So funny!

I don't have any advice to share with you... I will only add: "be patient".