August 23, 2012

The End Is Near …

It is 7:30 in the morning on the last day of Summer Vacation.  I am typing this while my two littles watch their last Summer morning cartoons.  Big C is at Cross Country.  Hannie B is upstairs still struggling to wake up after a half hour of me prodding her.  Monday morning is going to suck big chickens.

Me? I am sitting here wondering how on Earth it is the end of the Summer. 

Please tell me you feel this way too.  This has been the strangest Summer ever. It has been bittersweet and wonderful. Jammed packed and disorganized.

Today we will meet new teachers, swim one last time, organize school supplies, get clothes ready and go to bed early. And I will look at this picture of a dahlia Hannie B got from a friend to remind me of Summer’s sunshine.

If you’ve already said hello to school and so long to Summer, way to go!  If you’re like us and start school on Monday, may you have a glorious last weekend!

See you Monday.

4 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

Make sure to have one last ice cream cone or break out the fist s'more tonight too.

It was very hard for us to say goodbye to summer this year, so I fully empathize with this post!

The Queen Vee said...

What summer? Did we really have one? Red Dog is ready to go back to his day job, Chris...will we ever see him this coming year, Hannie B...hope she can wake up in time for school and master Owlet...it's time for him to finally own that chain saw. I say forward to fall

Bells said...

Hi there! This has been a whirlwind of a summer for us,packed with tons of fun. The littles have been back in school for a month and the middle schoolers start on Monday. We've had lots of company, camps and vacation- it has gone by so fast. A different kind of busy is gearing up for fall with rugby, lacrosse, volleyball, basketball, tumbling, guitar... I'm trying to figure out when we'll all be together for dinners and scripture reading. Thanks for your blog, I relate to you so much and love you as always!

Aiketa said...

I agree with you, Summer went by way too fast this year for me too. But I'm also actually happy that this Summer wasn't as hot as usually is here in Barcelona... it was more like Spring but I'm really ok with it.

Oh, you have such an early waking up time in your house for Summer. I don't think I've ever wook as early as 7 am on a Summer day (when I had holidays) but I guess it has something to do with the fact that my mom likes to sleep in... ;)