August 10, 2012

A Little Punky …

I took this picture as Owlie told me, “I don’t like being sick, mama. It feels like mad.”

High fever.  Achy body. Wrapped up in a blankie with only a little diaper on.  Not hungry.  Sad eyes.  Napping throughout the day. Throwing up all night.

I am the nurse mommy.  I would just hold him all day long if he wanted me to. I give him medicine and water.  I make him toast and beds on the floor.  I place his burning brow to my cheek.  And I worry. It is the work of love.

It’s Friday.  It’s rainy.  And we’re home feeling punk.

4 comments:

Aiketa said...

Oooooh poor Owlie! I hope he gets better soon!
I have a cold, in the middle of August... I don't like it either!

The Queen Vee said...

On the positive side, it's a good day to stay home and be sick. Hope the little mug is feeling better by the end of the day.

squeezeme said...

Good nurse Mommy. Poor sick baby. Snuggle, take your own vitamins so you don't get sick! Sick mommas = no good

Apis Melliflora said...

Hope no one else got it!