May 7, 2012

A Picnicking We’ll Go …

It’s our last Queen’s Dish for the season since all the kids get out of school in a month and all those mamas can’t be bringing their kiddoes to The Dish! I’m sad it’s over until Fall. The Queen’s Dish has become my main social outlet each month – a chance to be with other women I truly enjoy, eat delicious food and LAUGH MY HEAD OFF.

This month we’ll be dining outside on The Queen’s gorgeous porch and eating picnic foods.  In my brain picnics {or barbeques} mean hamburgers, baked beans, corn on the cobb, portable salads and fresh slices of watermelon.  I’m excited to try some new recipes and add them to my arsenal.

The invitation this month was born while I was wandering the aisles of Michaels Craft {not buying anything I didn’t need, mind you} and stumbled upon these darling little polka dotted take out containers. At six for $1.20, I figured I could afford them. Can’t you just see some of mom’s potato salad in this perfect bowl?

They came with tiny wooden spoons on which I stamped each gal’s name to personalize and then glued to the top with a dab of hot glue.

Inside I nestled the actual invite – a long scroll with ants marching along, inviting our guests to join them at the picnic. {sorry, no picture . . . it wouldn’t fit in the photo frame.}  I hand delivered  these invites since I couldn’t figure out how to mail them.

What’s your favorite summertime picnic/barbeque food? Maybe I need to get the recipe from you to share with the group?

You can read more about The Queen’s Dish here and here.

6 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

How adorable and clever!

You know my weakness for polka dots.

Did you hand deliver them in your polka dot coat? =)

Tobi said...

Chili Lime Chicken Mango Skewers. They take a lot of prep but they are so worth it!

queenie said...

That is super cute! You're so incredibly talented.

The Queen Vee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Queen Vee said...

I've had Tobi's Chili Lime Chicken Mango Skewers and they are very delicious.

All your invites have been amazing, I've saved every single one. You are an amazingly talentedGraphic Desginer!

JulieB said...

Love the way your creative mind comes up with this stuff!