December 8, 2011

When Angels Attend …

IMG_1929

This little treasure was a rummage sale find.  It cost $2.

I’m sure many people passed it up because they thought it was cheesy.  I, on the other hand, fell instantly in love with the muted colors and the sweet “Hummelesque” faces on the angels and baby.

IMG_1935

I have a sure knowledge that angels were in attendance on the night the Savior was born.  Comforting Mary during childbirth.  Protecting the baby so He could one day save the world.  And whispering in the ears of wisemen, shepherds and even Joseph, that this was no ordinary day, no ordinary child. This was the Son of God.

IMG_1936

When angels attend, even the most difficult circumstances are bearable. Like birthing your firstborn in a lowly stable. Or battling cancer. Or struggling with infertility. Or losing a loved one.

I’m so grateful God grants us the help of angels.  He will never leave us alone. We are literally in the presences of angels. I have felt them. They are real.

5 comments:

Kernal Ken said...

I TOO BELIEVE IN ANGELS. I have seen them during my journey through cancer surgery, radiation and chemotherapy.

Apis Melliflora said...

My favorite thing the angels say is

"Do not be afraid!"

The Queen Vee said...

"Hark! the herald angels sing,
Glory to the new born King,
peace on earth, and mercy mild,
God and sinners reconciled!"
Joyful, all ye nations rise,
join the triumph of the skies;
with th' angelic host proclaim,
"Christ is born in Bethlehem!"
Hark! the herald angels sing,
"Glory to the new born King!"

What a sight for those humble shephards.

TracieCarter said...

Well said once again, Sam! Angels are real and I can't help but wonder how many unrecorded visitations happened around the Savior's birth! It's awesome to be a believer! Tonight's advent calendar surprise was an angel and it was fun to list off all the angel messenger stories we could think of.

Aiketa said...

Beautiful, just beautiful!