December 6, 2011

Twelve Years Ago . . .

scan0001

This family Christmas picture was taken twelve years ago when my hormonal teenager/tweenager were just babies.  Here are my thoughts on it now :

  • Hannie B. was a mere month old and Big C was Little C at almost two years.
  • Yes, we actually sent out a picture in which both of our children were crying.  Why would we do that? Because it was an accurate reflection of our life at the time and this was sadly the best of all the photos taken.
  • Isn’t it nice that the Hubby and I chose to wear matching khaki bottoms? {Give me a break, it was still the 90’s.}
  • This picture was taken back when we still bought a live Christmas tree.  Then we had two trees die before Christmas day and we’ve been fakers ever since.
  • I miss that fireplace. It was chunky and custom made for the first home we ever built and owned.
  • I have no wrinkles or gray hair in this picture, which is saying something since  the Hubby was getting his MBA at the time and I was alone with the two little kiddos A LOT.
  • I loved those stockings, but the knit on the inside of them was WEIRD and you couldn’t fit anything inside. Can you say design flaw?
  • Big C and I have the same head shape.  The Hubby and Hannie B. have the same head shape. Still true today.
  • Even though I had half as many kids as I do now, this time of my life was very full and busy.  A different busy than it is now.  Two kids in diapers. A husband in school. I think I might have felt overwhelmed.  But I look back at it and realize that we were very happy.

I’ve got more “vintage” photos to scan and share. I’ve decided to blog until the week of Christmas and then take off until the New Year to allow some time for celebrating with my family and some much needed blog maintenance. 

I hope your holiday prep is in full swing!

6 comments:

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

I am loving the old Christmas pictures. It's so fun to look at them and think, "really, that wasn't that long ago was it??"

You and Travis really don't look all that different. You've both preserved quite well.

Apis Melliflora said...

You look genuinely happy in the picture. That's what I like best.

Thomas would be admiring the red brick fireplace surround.

The old pictures remind me how quickly time flies and the importance of making family memories with the children while still at home.

The Queen Vee said...

Love the crying kiddos and smiling parents...oh, and all that khaki.

Aiketa said...

I'm loving your old pictures. You should do that more often!!!

The pic is so sweet and I think you look just gorgeous. And as Apis said, you look genuinely happy! Love it!!!
Oooh and how small were Big C and Hannie B... cute.

Tobi said...

I love seeing your old Christmas pictures. The kids have their own advent calendars. Today Cora said it's December 6th Mom! Christmas is coming so fast it's making my head spin.

The Queen Vee said...

You want to know something really sad? Your house in American Fork sold at auction this week for $200,000.