March 21, 2011

A Little Nudge . . .

d sharon pruitt

Dear Friend,

You know who you are and I know you read this blog. It’s time we had a talk.  I keep feeling that nudge – you know the one telling me I’m supposed to do something.  And this is what I’m supposed to do:  I’m supposed to remind you just how amazing you are.

I’m supposed to tell you that you are such an inspiring mother.  And that your kids ARE brilliant.  Just like their momma.  But more important than being smart, they are loved. They are loved by you and they know it with ever single breath they take.  You have always blown me away with the unconditional love and sincere compliments you give your children when they aren’t even around. They are really lucky to have you.

I’m supposed to tell you that you make me want to be a better sister, daughter and wife.  You excel at being these things.  You are devoted and loyal.  You’re always taking care of the people closest to you, always doing for them even though they could do for themselves.  The best part for me is watching you do it with joy and gladness.  I have so much to learn from you.

I’m supposed to tell you that you crack me up.  Seriously. You are really, truly funny. I don’t think there is ever a time when we’re together that you aren’t making me laugh.  And that’s saying a lot, since there have been some things that aren’t too funny going on in both our lives.  You always look on the bright side of things and it lifts me up and makes me feel better.

I’m supposed to tell you that despite what you think, you’ve got your act together.  A house with toys all over the floor is not a mess.  It is a place where children live joyfully. And no matter how many people you fill it up with or how small it may seem, the most important thing about your home is that it will always be a place where each individual who enters through your doors can feel the Spirit of God.   You know what you’re doing, and you are doing it all right.

I’m supposed to tell you that you are beautiful.  Because you are. And this is the thing I need you to believe and understand most of all – that despite what you might see as imperfections or flaws – what other people see, what I see, is a woman who is absolutely lovely in every way.  You radiate light.  Your beauty draws people to you and believe me when I say, it is simply exquisite.

The last thing that I’m supposed to tell you is that I’ve missed you.  Your friendship makes me really happy. And it is so wonderful having you back in my life. I hope you know just how amazing you are.

But just in case you don’t – you can come back here anytime and read this post, because I wrote it just for you.  With a little nudge.

Love you!

Image by D. Sharon Pruitt via flickr

6 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

The nudged one is right. So take is all to heart and be lifted. Hope the sun is shining in your neck of the woods today.

Anonymous said...

You have used your wonderful way with with words to lift another. I love it.

AllisonK said...

You are darling! Even if this wasn't written for me, I appreciated the words and thoughts this morning.

The Queen Vee said...

I hope your friend felt your nudge of love.

Aiketa said...

Sure your friend felt lifted by your sweet and kind words.

Heather Lindsey said...

I'm not sure who this was written for, but I felt it was for me. I really needed to hear those lovely things...echoes of so many other compliments from friends and family that were deflected by my own insecurities. Every woman needs to hear these things over and over and over again. We need to feel it inside ourselves and let it radiate to the whole world.

Thank you for your sweet, loving words that I'm just going to pretend were written just for me.