September 14, 2010

A New Favorite . . .

IMG_7513 I’m in the middle of project madness.  As in I finish one project and then start the next a few minutes later.  It’s good though – the Hubby cannot live with the ‘unfinished nature’ of our life much longer. And my friend Scharman is coming next week, so there’s extra motivation!

In my efforts to do, do, do, I have discovered something wonderful.  It’s Behr’s sample sized paint pots at the Home Depot.  For only $2.94 I was able to have this GORGEOUS peacock blue custom mixed in a tiny little {maybe 1 1/2 to 2 cups} tub.  It was enough to cover a mirror and chair for Hannie B.’s new room. 

Even better still, this is that new paint & primer in one and it covers beautifully! No longer do I have to spend $10 on a quart of paint in a random color for a small project!  This will be my go to from here on out!

Happy me.  Happy projects.

Hannie B.’s room is looking awesome.  A reveal is in the works.  Now I must go paint the big piece this pot of paint is sitting on. 

ps.  Home Depot and Behr paints did not pay me to promote their product.  I’m just passing on a really good thing from me to you because I love you lots!

6 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

That's a really good tip! I just donated my random quart pots of paint to a newly opened local children's art studio. Otherwise they would have remained unused, collecting dust on my garage shelves.

I'm so glad your bestest friend is coming to visit!

AllisonK said...

I can't wait to see what you are working on! It's a lovely color.

christy said...

I am dying to see the reveals of all your projects. Share them with us SOON!!

I, too, fell in love with the mini sample paint cans this summer. I used 2 of them to paint my green secretary in my kitchen.

Emily said...

I got one of those sample pots to paint some things in my girls room. love the price!!! Can't wait to see all your projects!

The Queen Vee said...

Looks like a nice color, can't wait to see the results.

Jessie said...

I wish I had your same creative drive to do house projects. A true talent, you have! Love the blue color. We just used some of that new Behr paint and it does have nice coverage.