September 21, 2010

Hannie B’s Room Reveal

IMG_7578

I know what you’re thinking:  “Finally, that girl who’s all talk is going to show us something!”  It’s true.  I’m ready to show off some spaces even if they are not quite finished.  They’re as finished as they are going to be for now.

The jumping off point for Hannie B’s new room was a set of coral colored toile drapes that I’ve had for almost ten years.  My mom and aunt made them and they are gorgeous.  They’ve been carefully folded in a basement closet since shortly after we moved here.  I’ve been waiting for the right place to use them again, and Hannie’s room fit the bill!  I’ll let the rest of the pictures do the talking.  Then tomorrow I’ll take you through some of the step by steps that got us to this point. If you have any questions, leave them in the comments and I’ll try to answer them in tomorrow’s post. Enjoy!

IMG_7575

IMG_7576

IMG_7577

IMG_7581

IMG_7582

IMG_7583

IMG_7580

IMG_7532

10 comments:

AllisonK said...

It turned out beautifully! Love the curtains, her bed is darling and that desk is WONDERFUL! Oh... and the round pillow, very fun!

christy said...

Well done! I love the desk, the fluffy pillow, and the hanging light above the chair. Such a great room. Fun yet sophisticated.

Apis Melliflora said...

A lot of hard work went into creating that upscale girl's room! I want to know how you picked your peacock accent color? How many hours you painted? And what Hannie B's favorite part of the room is?

Anonymous said...

It looks great. You are very talented. Whoever is married to you is very lucky. Can I have my side of the garage back?

Kasey said...

I think it turned out great. I love her desk and the mirror oh and the pillow, and drapes. I guess there is not anything I don't love about it.

The Queen Vee said...

Decor magic created again and on the cheap. Well done Dragonfly, it looks FAB and perfect for a girl who will soon be a teen.

Emily said...

Love it! Knew I would. Where did you you get the cute fluffy pillow on her bed, so cute?

Tobi said...

Tell the truth. Do you let Hannie pick the stuff to decorate her room? Or is this a dictatorship decorating kind of house?

I do love it. Especially the fluffy pillow on the bed.

MelancholySmile said...

Love that peacock blue! Such a sophisticated room.

Susan said...

Looks wonderful! You are so talented!