June 2, 2010

What The Beach Does To People . . .

We’re back from another glorious trip to the Eastern Shore of Delaware.  Being back – yeah, it kinda stinks.  Because the beach rocks.  It does things to people.  Good things, know what I mean?

Just in case you don’t, let me illustrate:

Hello happy girl!  Could you smile just a little harder so your face cracks? Oh, by the way,  I’m obsessed with the way the beach air turns your head into a massive pile of curls.

IMG_5819

Howdy Hubby.  You are hilarious!  And I am so glad that you can laugh it up while my Photobro gets all serious about horseshoes.

IMG_5830

Sweet RedDog, you and the beach will forever be kindred spirits because the beach graciously gives you sand, sun, surf and Cheetos. Amen.

IMG_5948

Aww, lovebirds, thanks for reminding me that the beach is romantic.  And thanks for joining us for a third year of my family’s wackiness {which, if I’m being honest here, can totally squelch the romance in like two seconds flat}. 

IMG_5963

Teenager, you totally rocked those waves!  And it’s just fun having your fresh, young perspective around.  It didn’t hurt that for the weekend my almost-a-teenager got to hang with you and feel super cool.

IMG_6069

Resting in the arms of a hip Grammy to the sound of waves crashing on the shore.  Can’t beat it.

IMG_5958

Really, the best thing about the beach is that it is one of God’s great playgrounds.  Beautiful, relaxing, fun for the whole family.  And really, it just makes us all feel like kids again.  How else can you explain this photo:

IMG_6040

The End.

{Until tomorrow, when I recap Castle Idol 2010.  And Friday, when I do a final rundown of Beach Pics}.

8 comments:

Kasey said...

Awesome pics! I especially love the last one of you jumping! That is great.

MelancholySmile said...

So fun! What a perfect way to start off your summer.

Apis Melliflora said...

Makes a person wish she were there (with all of you, of course)!

I love the way dancer A points her front toe mid jump in this last picture.

Everyone looks so happy and radiant.

Suzanne C said...

so envious...but we'll head to San Diego beaches in a few weeks...but still, East Coast beaches totally rock!

The Queen Vee said...

A great time was had by all, except for little Owlie who got sick.

Okay, what's with my neck, is that how my neck looks? It is really creepy and old looking.

Susan said...

Looks like another fabulous year at the beach.

Sue said...

Yay! You got sunshine and warm weather this year! So great to see everyone in their swimsuits instead of sweatshirts.

Man, how I would love to be in on that Settlers of Catan action!

Tobi said...

Tell Red Dog that I love cheetos too. I especially love that last photo of you and Audrey!