May 14, 2010

Random Musings: Big Event Edition . . .



This is me and my wrinkly forehead feeling nervous because today is the big day!  There are some hints in this picture.  One involves thousands of little circles.  The other does not involve the big event, but doesn invlove some bare walls and the removal of furniture.


Hello pièce de résistance!  You can't see it now, but this branch, my hot glue gun and hundreds of tiny silk flowers are going to be a show stopper tonight.  And thank you mother nature for lending me a limb. {no trees were harmed for this photo.  The limb was already broken off a tree.}

All I can say is ROSES, baby!  And tangerine, hot pink and green are happy together.  You should try it sometime.  I recommend starting with a scoop of rainbow sherbet {or sherbert if you're like the Hubby}.

When you know you've arrived as a party planner:  you're pulling a Hanz and Franz, trying to make rose bushes bloom with artificial heat. This toilet is now suffering from delusions of grandeur. Heaven help me!

The full wrap up with big event details on Monday!  Until then, do me a little favor and pray for lots of happy guests, no rain and specifically NO WIND!  Thanks!dragonfly signature

9 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

Oh, I'm just anticipating with bated breath over here. If something goes wrong, please make sure to laugh and take a picture too.

Otherwise: go get 'em, knock 'em flat, wow 'em, show 'em what you got.

Christa said...

So funny. I am sure it is going to be beautiful. I am already impressed especially with your bathroom! Ha

MelancholySmile said...

Oooh, I'm dying for the grand finale! Love the colors...

AllisonK said...

I can't wait to see how this all comes together. It looks lovely already.

TracyS. said...

Holy moley! Those are beautiful roses! Good luck with the big event!

Sue said...

I've been wanting to call you this week, but I knew you were deep in the throes of party planning. I'll give you a call next week. Can't wait to see the recap in pictures!

Kasey said...

I can't wait to see it all. The bouquets look great!!

The Queen Vee said...

Fabulous, that's how it turned out.

Tobi said...

Beautiful roses. Did you make the floral arrangements too? Post more pictures of the main event soon please!