March 8, 2010

A Blog Recommendation . . .

I’ve had a secret blog crush for the past two years.  And I haven’t told anyone because I was worried that once they started reading my crush, they would love her more than me.  Isn’t that ridiculous? You could never love someone more than me, right?  Ha!  What I actually mean is, it’s ridiculous that the talent of another combined with a bit of envy, coupled with my shaky self esteem, topped off with an ounce of fear could cause me to feel this way!

Because God does not want me to feel this way.  And my  blog crush certainly doesn’t want me to feel this way.  So, today I’d like to introduce you to Marta of The Dear Diary Stories.



{image borrowed from Marta with permission}

Yeah, she’s actually as cute as this picture suggests.  And the balloons aren’t just a trick to make you feel happy.  Marta actually makes people feel happy.  Marta makes me feel happy. She’s like the sunshine after a long snowy winter or that breath of fresh air you take when you’ve opened the windows in your house.  A little bit of Marta is just darn good for the soul!

Here are five other things I love about Marta and her blog:
  • She’s got a graphic design background, so pretty much everything she shares is a visual feast.  And since I want to be a graphic designer when I grow up, I appreciate the work and effort she puts into making everything just so. Wanna see  what I mean?  Go here.
  • She’s got spiffy handwriting. In a day of computers and texting, it’s a lost art.  I’ve long been an admirer of a craftsman {woman} with a pen and a singular scribble.  Her many jottings and lists are always fun to view. To check out what all the fuss is about, click here.
  • She’s crafty.  Marta has an etsy shop where she sells her wares, each hand crafted with care and affection.  Her designs are always simple, tasteful, economical and fun. A favorite post of mine is here.
  • She’s a devoted mom and wife, never shying from singing the praises of her boys on her blog.   And the genuine, easy way she captures her love for them in photos is completely endearing. Enjoy a favorite photo series of mine here.
  • She has a writing style and voice that are so unique, so very Marta.  I love to read every word she pens. It was just last week that she wrote the post I knew I had to share with you all.  It is just how I feel. You can read it (and nod your head in agreement, and wet your pants laughing) here.
So now you know about Marta.  I hope you enjoy her as much as I do.  And I can actually say I would be just fine with you loving her more than me.  She's that good. She is a positive, creative delight in the blogging world.

5 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

No matter how lovable Marta is, I'll still love you more. Sorry Marta.

christy said...

Her blog looks lovely but I still probably won't check every day to see her latest post, like I do yours. I heart Sam.

Elise said...

I'm a little bit skeptical, I don't know that I could EVER love reading another blog as much I LOVE reading yours. I adore you!!!

The baby shower looks beautiful, what a fun idea!!

AmberLee said...

i will crush on marta with you.

and will love you even more for it!

The Queen Vee said...

I feel like a loser when I read blogs, a happy loser.