October 29, 2009

Three Word Thursday . . .

Somebody. Stop. Me!
Gosh these Grannies sure look naked. Crisp, sure. Green, check. But some how lacking.

The solution? A half hour of unwrapping these bad boys! {Seriously though, do they have to make the wrappers so thin and static clingy?} Of course I had to sample a few to make sure they were fresh. And they were. I added a few tablespoons of milk, let 'em melt in a double boiler and . . .

Peace. Harmony. Synchronicity. A perfect pairing and all seems right in the world. But wait! It gets even better. {Ooh, weird, I can see my reflection in that caramel. I've never looked so tasty.}

Yeah, we had to go there. Double dipped. In milk chocolate. And rolled. Oh, the rolling is what makes it, people! Our choices today were Skor bar, roasted almonds and M & Ms for the kiddies.

I planned to show these wrapped up all cute for our friends and neighbors, but unfortunately, they didn't make it. {How fortunate for us!}

7 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

We rolled ours in crushed Oreos and Butterfingers. But the M&M's have the added bonus of being colorful. The double dipping: brilliant because the caramel hardens up too fast!

chelsea said...

**droooooooling**

TracieCarter said...

I LOVE YOUR IDEAS!!! Man, I feel like I need to start a notebook on "How to be a fun mom like Sam!" I always love your holiday/special occasion posts!!! Inspiring, yet motivating for a future date. Could you please keep your organizing tabs up to date for my reference? :) Love you!

PS. Are the famous gingersnaps all season cookies or anytimers cuz I've literally been craving them since last December when you shared the coveted recipe! Been stalking the commissary shelves for molasses for this purpose all year! Can't wait!!!

The Queen Vee said...

Tracie you can eat ginger snaps anytime of the year. I had a friend who ate 2 dozen by herself once on the 4th of July. Needless to say she didn't eat any of the other food offerings.

DF...Hope you saved an apple for me cause I'm the apple of your eye, right.

chelsea said...

drooling aside....i think you left some of those apples naked! more caramel please! :)

Tobi said...

Oh my word everyone is making caramel apples except us. Lame Wilkinson's in Texas!

Beautiful pictures by the way!!

jd said...

Um. YUM.

And I'm with you, I HATE unwrapping caramels!!!