June 24, 2009

How I Lucked Out Fourteen Years Ago . . .


Fourteen years ago at about 7:45 in the morning, I sat in a foyer waiting {and a little panicked}, thinking to myself, "He's not going to come. I knew it was too good to be true. He's figured out I'm just a big loser and he's decided he wants nothing to do with me."

You were tardy, but only by about fifteen minutes. It was enough to make me scared. At that point I was already terrified of the possibility of a life without you. Then suddenly, around the corner you came, breathless and eager, with your red hair and freckles and a smile that melted all my fears away. An hour and fifteen minutes later and we were husband and wife and we began what has turned out to be a truly wonderful journey together.

Thank you for sweeping me off my feet. Thank you for taking such good care of me. Thank you for making me laugh every single day. And thank you for letting me fool you into marrying me. Tricking you into a life with me has been THE SINGLE GREATEST THING I've ever done. Happy Anniversary Hubby!

15 comments:

The Writer Resource Pit: said...

Congratulations on 14 years of marriage, Dragonfly. Marriage is work, but in the long run, it is a blessing. We will be celebrating 10 years in December. God is good! You are truly an encouragement to other married couples. Thank you for honoring your husband and thank you for helping people to realize that staying together is possible even in a world where marriage is undervalued.

Be blessed,
Tiffany Godfrey, The Resource Writer
New Writer’s Workshop in Hampton, VA – Ask Me About it!
Blog: www.thewriterresourcepit.blogspot.com
www.resourcewriting.com

Kasey said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What temple were you married in?

The Queen Vee said...

Congratulations and may the fun continue. I know for sure that it is going to get a lot more exciting in the next couple of weeks.

Happy Anniversary to you and that funny looking red headed boy.

christy said...

Hooray! Hooray! Happy anniversary to you two lovebirds!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU! And I am the blessed one. There was no tricking involved at all---I knew what I was getting and I have been blessed everyday since that wonderful June 24th, 14 years ago. You are more amazing now than you were then and I am more madly in love with you each new day. Thank you for dedicating your life to the happiness of our family. I AM THE LUCKY ONE.

Lori said...

Very sweet comments from both of you! I remember that beautiful day well. What a great reception and photogenic couple at the Joseph Smith Building. Happy Anniversary to great cousins!

Emily said...

ohhh how truly sweet! Happy Anniversary! Oh my gosh, I just read the hubby's comment and it melted my heart. You are one lucky girl and he's one lucky guy!

Tobi said...

Happy Anniversary! Love that photo of the two of you in front of the SLC Temple.

Burton's blog said...

Happy Anniversary! I can still remember that day like it was yesterday! Congrats and lots of wishes for many more great years to come.

Jessie said...

Congrats to a wonderful couple then and now! You did luck out w/travis, but he did too (don't underestimate what a catch you were)! It's been fun knowing you guys since the beginning...our 14th anniv. is coming up in Aug too.

I'm due july 14 and never go early, so you'll get to be done a week before me...good luck!!!

chelsea said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Apis Melliflora said...

Lucky and happy day to Dragonfly and Fly Along Hubby. You're an inspiring couple. I love to get a little peek at how a great marriage works! Happy anniversary!

squeezeme said...

Wow. It has been an amazing 14 years! How blessed Matt and I feel to have been in your lives for the past 14 years. (Are we really that old?!) Have a happy day together and I'm proud of you for not following our anniversary tradition....remembering the day after!

Lori Gerten said...

Happy anniversary!! Could you post some more pics of your wedding day? Those are cool!

Sue said...

I keep staring at that picture wondering how it's possible that you were ever skinnier than you are now (sans baby, of course)! What fun to look back and remember how young and full of hope we were. I want to be you when I grow up. Love you.