June 23, 2009

Can't Top This!



I had to post a few shots from our Last Day of School Neighborhood Ice Cream Party. I decided I shouldn't let my being pregnant prevent my kids from having one of their favorite start-of-summer traditions, so we pared it down just a bit this year {six toppings for ice cream instead of ten & less water games}. I think everyone still had a great time, but I let my children know this was the Last Hurrah as far as big events before The Big Event.

My boy knows how to do it: a little bit of every single thing offered, all mixed up into a delicious ice cream soup!

I found a few water relay games off some fun websites and we made the teams super fair by combining big and little kids. It was actually very rewarding to see the bigger kids helping the little ones out. Everyone got wet, but not so wet they'd cry about it to their mamas.

The weather was great - which is saying a lot since it's been raining here for weeks {but just look at my grass and roses!}. We ended the party with a huge water balloon fight, which my fingers paid dearly for. Trust me on this one, filling 150 water balloons is not my favorite task . . . but it made my kiddoes feel super loved, so we're gonna go with that.

Happy Summer from Virginia!

4 comments:

Kasey said...

How fun. I wish we lived in a neighborhood full of young kids like yours.

Emily said...

You are a crazy lady. I don't know how you do all you do? What a kind mommy you are.

Apis Melliflora said...

I want some of that water poured on me and a whole lotta chocolate. That would feel good any time of the year! What a great way to start off summer!

Tobi said...

You are such a fun Mom. I hope your kids realize how lucky they are. I don't do anything at all for my kiddos at the end of summer. I think the break from school is enough of a treat! I'm such a fuddy-duddy!