May 7, 2009

Thanking Teachers (A Preview) . . .


This week is Teacher Appreciation Week at school. All week long the kids and I have been trying to craft fun little 'thank yous' for their teachers without breaking the bank. I've had my camera ready each morning to snap a photo of the finished products - all CHEAP, EASY and FUN - for you to see tomorrow.

Until then, here's a preview of what RedDog took to his teachers on Monday. Our school has a theme for each day and Monday the kids were asked to bring in a school supply to help restock the classroom. We got glue sticks on sale in October for 36 cents - right up my alley budget wise. The ribbon, craft paper, cute kid writing and an eager little helper I already had on hand.

2 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

Great idea...my favorite is the kid handwriting, of course.

We do old fashioned thank you notes. The PTA has a whole week of activities too.

Dion Seneca said...

Ok, I am the last minute teacher appreciation gift maker. I need more ideas. This one is adorable. Got some more? I'm off to Target in less than 2 hours