May 27, 2009

So Much Fun, So Little Time . . .

Have you ever given your kids a cardboard box and watched in amazement as they played with it for days {even weeks} on end as if it were the world's most complicated, expensive and wonderful toy ever? Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about the beach.
The combination of sun, sand, water, family, food and the occasional marine animal life is all my kids need for an unlimited amount of entertainment and contentment. I always think they'll get tired of digging holes to China - but they NEVER do. I am convinced they can't continue to scream and jump over every wave that comes their way for four hours- but they keep on jumping and screaming until their voices are hoarse. The beach changes my children from whiny and arguing to joyous and getting along. It is a magical place.
Here are some of the RedDog's favorite adventures from the beach this weekend:

Flying a kite with Grammy {aka: The Queen}


Building sandcastles

Searching for - and finding - sand crabs!

Eating!
Finding cool rocks to add to his collection.
{while getting 23.4 new freckles}
Stay tuned for more beach trip highlights the rest of this week.

7 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

I need to get my kids some of that magic sometime too. Red Dog, you're the handsomest red dog on the beach with all those freckles and smiles.

christy said...

The beach is such a magical place. I wish we lived closer and could take advantage of it more. Glad you guys had a great trip.

Kasey said...

I love building sand castles even at my age!!

The Queen Vee said...

Red Dog you sure know how to fly a kite and enjoy the beach.

Tobi said...

If only we could bottle the magic of the beach. Perhaps we could call it beach harmony in a bottle. Your pictures are beautiful and so is your little man. I'm stoked for the second installment of the beach adventure!

Hil said...

That sure is one cute kid!!

jd said...

I love beach highlights! Your post from last year is one I still think of fondly :)