March 20, 2009

You Can Stop Drooling Now . . .


Every day this week I have been in the kitchen, apron wrapped tightly around my burgeoning belly, crafting delicious baked goods for a great cause.

Tomorrow night I will head up a Spaghetti Dinner and Dessert Auction at our church with the sole purpose of raising money for our Young Women to go to a week long Girl's Camp this summer. We're expecting close to 200 people! We always get such fantastic array of desserts and sweet delectable, so this year I'm taking my camera.

My addition to the dessert auction comes in the form of two dozen hand-dipped chocolate covered peanut butter balls and a delicious three layered cake I'm calling "Luscious Orange Cake". It's a recipe from the Queen that contains a can of mandarin oranges in the cake mix and a can of crushed pineapple in the frosting - moist, delicious and dreamy!

The rest of my baking has been focused on a table of $1 bagged goodies that the little kids love to spend their money on. I've made some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, Snickerdoodles, and with the leftover chocolate from my peanut butter balls I dipped rice crispy treats and added sprinkles and a lollipop stick. Why are kids such suckers for sprinkles?

Of course I have been a very good girl and have only sampled my creations for quality control purposes. They weren't very good at all (excuse me while I lick my chocolaty fingers.)

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

The Queen Vee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Queen Vee said...

We're all drooling now too. Unlike you, we don't get to taste these treats, we can only slobber on the pictures and imagine.

Hope all your huge efforts produce some big loot for the campers. I think they're getting a free ride.... in my day, 100 years ago, we had to earn our own moola for camp

Julie said...

Your KILLING me with these pictures of incredible looking indulgences.

Emily said...

Those look so good! Great idea with the rice krispies. Can't wait to see our pictures.

Emily said...

sorry, your pictures of the bakedgoods

Kasey said...

Wow!! Those all look great!

Sue said...

Please post the chocolate covered peanut butter ball recipe! Me so hungee!

TracieCarter said...

Love it, missed it! Good turnout? I love the dollar bag idea!!! I am a huge fan of my mom's peanut butter balls too but haven't made them since Ryan started making those turtles! Since I end up doing the dipping, it fills my dipping quota around the holidays :) WE NEED MORE PREGO pics - esp in cute aprons! ;)