March 25, 2009

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow . . .

Another year of crazy hair day come and gone. It took all my will power to drag my pregnant self out of bed and try to create something on each kid's head that would make them feel super crazy and special all day long.

Big C wanted the faux hawk again this year. We worked in gel, hairspray and a little spit (no, not really) to get it standing tall. He kept saying, "More product Mom, more product!"
Hannie B wanted to do something natural this year. We plaited her hair after her shower last night, which gave us a nice wavy starting point. Then I totally bit off an idea I saw on this talented gal's blog and fixed up a nest, some branches, a few berries, and what else, but a dragonfly! A bird was requested, but I couldn't bear to dig my little birdie out from the Thanksgiving decorations. Hannie's comment: "It's okay Mom. Dragonflies are cool." Yes, they are sweet girl.

Red Dog wanted to look like Jimmy Neutron. We did our best. It's not easy working with hair that has multiple cowlicks in front. I just stuck him on the bus a few minutes ago and two little girls in the front row gasped when the bus doors opened and they saw RedDog's hair. That's all he and I both needed.



Now it's time for me to go and try to do something with my hair, which for some reason, always manages to be crazy on its own without any work at all. Happy day to you!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

What a feast for the eyes! The guys look so cool and Hannie B. has a totally awesome "do." Lovin' that sparkly dragonfly. If there were prizes, I know who I'd crown Queen of the Hairdo!

Emily said...

Wow! Love the nest, what a fabulous idea. We don't have crazy hair day. It would be fun!

The Queen Vee said...

I totally dig crazy hair day. Hope Hannie B comes back with nest and dragonfly in tack. I have visions of a few baby birdies breaking out of those eggs and the dragonfly flitting off.....hopefully it remains a vision and not a revelation.

NovelTeaMommy said...

So cute! Love the natural look : ) Aren't faux hauks the best?

christy said...

You're such a fabulous, dedicated mom. Seriously Hannah couldn't be more darling. Yesterday's post especially. I am very impressed with the hairdo you pulled off. With 3 (almost 4) girls I should be fabulous with hair but it's not one of my talents thus all my girls usually have the short a-line haircut. And the boys' hair looks fabulous, too. What good-looking kiddos. I'm glad you're having another one. :)

Kasey said...

That is so cute! I love the bird's nest. So clever.

Tobi said...

Love the crazy hair. Especially love your creativity with Hannie B. hair. She looks like she's ready to walk the Paris runways with the new "spring look". Very Hip Hannie!!

MelancholySmile said...

Gorgeous! Glad you took photos to share with us all!