February 10, 2009

Our Day At The Old Lucketts Store . . .

Here's a little run down of my pre-birthday outing with The Queen and Marci (who I'll forever call Martha because she is the entertainer extraordinare.)

We started our day off with a smile when we were greeted in the parking lot by a man in a pink T-shirt. I love men in pink. I love men in pink with "I Heart G-Hog Day"on their chest even more.

Just a sampling of the antique silver finery to be had at Lucketts. See how it sparkles and shines . . . just a little bit of aged eye candy for you.

And then there was the real candy - tiny pedestals of mini cupcakes and delicious cookies were ours for the taking. I'd already had breakfast, but that didn't stop me from topping off with a cookie or three.

I love these bins full of old knobs and hooks, brackets and glittery letters - all essentials in a well established cottage home!
Mmmm . . . this display had great texture and visual appeal. Not that I could afford any of it, but sure fun to look at.

This little guy was waiting outside to say 'Hello fellow dragonfly!' on what turned out to be a really lovely morning.

These pretty ladies were also outside, decked out in their Valentine's finery crying "Buy me! Buy me!" and then "Eat me! Eat me!". I did not succumb, but Martha bought a dozen to take home to her children and husband.

I swear I loved dragonflies before they were popular. Now I see them everywhere, including Lucketts!

If I had $298 in my pocket, I would have bought this vintage biker for my older brother whose current obsession is cycling. I love this guy- he's like the Lance Armstrong of the 1800's. and check out that mustache!

If you're looking for a lamp the size of your momma - Lucketts is the place for you!
This store is so fun to visit - why don't you stop by and I'll take you there sometime!

5 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

Pretty pictures and picturesque store. Lovely inspiration on this balmy day! Cottage style makes me feel springy.

Tobi said...

A day with the Queen and antique shopping too. How lovely! I'm glad you enjoyed your pre-birthday celebration.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

That is MY kind of day!!! I am glad you showed us all about it-beautiful!!! I think I could go broke there!

The Queen Vee said...

And I used to think that coat made me look skinny, boy was I ever wrong.

It was a fun day and I didn't even spend hardly any money.

jd said...

I'll stop by and go there with you! Because I think I see my silver pattern in those stacks-- no joke-- and I only have five place settings of it!! :)