February 2, 2009

I Love A Monday Morning Surprise!


I spent the morning getting my teeth "cleaned" by a woman with a sharp instrument asking too many questions for me with my mouth wide open and gums bleeding to answer. Fun stuff! Now I have that weird after-cleaning feeling like all of my teeth are loose in my gums and may fall out at any minute. I have nightmares about that. Anyone else?

I ran to Costco with the RedDog afterwards to pick up the essentials - you know - milk, yogurt, and a year's supply of cashews. RedDog wanted to play with my Costco card, but I wouldn't let him. He pulled his "you make me sad" face and I was forced to search in the dark and foreign places of my purse for something to let him use as a pretend card. Luckily I had an old cash card from a Costco return long ago stuck in the nether regions of my messy wallet. And we carried on happily buying obnoxious amounts of yumminess.

Imagine my surprise when the Dogger handed his faker card to the cashier to fake pay and she swiped it and it cut my bill in half! There was money on there people and I had absolutely no idea! What a great Monday morning, post dentist treat! It's like finding a wrinkly old $10 bill in some jeans you haven't worn in years or in the pocket of a seasonal coat. It just has that "free money" feel to it - I know, I know, it's not free, but still you gotta know what I mean.

Happy Monday!

8 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

Minus the teeth experience, you're off to a great start this week. Bonus money is the best. Good job Red Dog...you had the Midas touch today!

Tobi said...

Thank goodness you fell for the you make me sad face! Thank goodness for Red Dog and that he is such a BIG HELPER!

I was conned into buying several My Little Pony books by Princess on this fine Monday morning. We Mom's can't always be immune to the "Cute Faces".

TracyS. said...

I have that nightmare too!

Hil said...

"Free" money is the BEST!
Yeah, you! :)

Kasey said...

Woot Woot!!! Love those finds.

MelancholySmile said...

That little anecdote made me laugh outloud- it's something I would totally do myself, forgetting that I had money on a card. What a nice little perk after a dreaded dentist appointment!

Oh, and I have that 'losing all my teeth' nightmare. Just thinking about it makes me shudder as I remember the feeling of all my teeth, loose like corn kernels as I spit them out into my hand. Ick.

Small House said...

LUCKY! That made for a great day at Costco.

Have a good day.
Sandra

Lori said...

That's the best...you deserve a great treat after not getting your free breakfast at Denny's!