January 2, 2009

My New Baby . . .

Happy New Year!

I had to take a two day break to recover from the non-alcoholic hangover I had from throwing a party for almost 30 teenagers on New Year's Eve. One word: exhausting.

And now here I am, and it's a new year - a blank slate, ready for endless positive possibilities! I have always been a goal-oriented-type-o'-girl, so when the new year comes around, I am at the ready and setting, setting, setting.

My tradition has always been to have a goal in each of four areas: a spiritual goal, a physical goal, a family oriented goal and a goal to strengthen my marriage. These goals are personal and realistic - I try not to overreach because I really dislike the idea of setting myself up for failure. So, onto achieving! I hope you have set some great goals for yourself in 2009.

There are also oodles of positive changes coming to this little Dragonfly blog during 2009. The first has to do with my new baby, which was such a loving and thoughtfully planned out gift from the Hubby for Christmas. Meet Edward:
I'm naming him after my brother's middle name (not a certain vampire) because he is the most fantastic photographer I personally know, and because he got the same camera for Christmas (I have only the Hubby to thank for putting me on any kind of equal footing with photobro) and because he has offered to give me tips, pointers and even some lessons on how to produce more beautiful imagery of my life and for my blog. In the meantime, Big C has inherited my old digital camera and is now taking lots of photos of Lego creations.

Lest you think the Hubby got the short end of any stick in this situation, I thought I'd show you his new baby - a Trek road bike that is making even the photobro (who is also known as crazybikingbro) salivate a little. The Hubby has earmarked this year as the one in which he will take up a hobby that will benefit his health, save him money on gas and time on his commute to work and help him bond with no less than three of his brothers-in-law. I am really, truly happy for him . . . and I can't wait to see him in his shorts!



11 comments:

Kasey said...

I love my camera as well. I should name it. My sister is big into biking. I"m sure she would say that's a really nice bike too.

Apis Melliflora said...

That little Edward is just so adorable! Can't wait to see what he can do.

Bike looks fast. I hope all those brotherly types will someday race head to head so we can find out who's the fastest one of all!

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

You will love your new camera! We got a new one a couple of years ago, and now Craig just loves to buy new lenses for it! Sounds like you had a great Christmas and a crazy, teenage filled New Year!

squeezeme said...

Congratulations on Edward. With him and the new bike.....it's sure to be an amazing year. You'll have to give me a call so we can have our annual discussion regarding our resolutions and yearly planning! Here's to an exciting and happy filled 2009!

Shelby said...

I hear from a good source that one of those thirty teens are SUPER GRATEFUL for their amazing YW and YM leader's sacrifices!!! THANK YOU!!!

Tobi said...

Love the new shiny toys! I'm very excited to see what Edward can do. Share pictures soon please.

Lori Gerten said...

Few Few (that's me whistling at all your new toys!).

Have fun wiht them!

The Queen Vee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hil said...

Awesome camera! Can't wait to see what he can do. Maybe you could do a comparison kind of thing with the same photo taken with different cameras...

The Queen Vee said...

Hmm, lots of new babies in your family, Edward, Veronica, a Trek Bike...the list just doesn't seem to end. You are all abundantly blessed.

Realistic goals, can't relate!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Great camera..have fun using it!!

Have a great week!
-sandy toes