June 2, 2008

The Graduate . . .

My little guy is going to kindergarten!

On Friday the RedDog donned his mortar board and accepted his diploma from the "Room To Grow" preschool. He sang all the songs, counted by 5's to 100 and played London Bridges on the handbells -- all while looking extremely cute and brilliantly educated, of course. He was so excited that his wish came true . . . he'd wished that his Grammy could come see him perform and she did. Thanks Grammy!

It's freaking me out just slightly to think that in three months I'll stick him on a yellow bus and he really won't be my baby anymore. In reaction to that freak out, I snuggled him for an extra long time this morning and have recommitted to doing something special with him each day before the big kids get out of school in two weeks.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

The Queen Vee said...

He doesn't look too excited about my congratulatory hug, but that's my "Red Dog". It was fun to hear the songs, recitations, bell ringing recital and then watch the serious walk to get the diploma.

Whew!, so glad he's made it through pre-school.

Tobi said...

I love your skirt Sam. I have the exact same skirt. I actually wore it to Megan's wedding. We have great taste!

The Dragonfly said...

My momma has that same skirt too! She and I were commenting it was lucky we didn't wear it on the same day. That would have been hilarious.

Julie said...

awwww.. those pictures are so cute. My congrats to the graduate!

LJB said...

Looks like we are going to be in the same boat come fall. Braden, my baby will be heading off to kindergarten too! People say I'm lucky to have some time to myself, but really I'm dreading it--the house will be so quiet!

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

I know it's bizarre - Squirrel is going too. She's super excited and can't stop talking about it. I think the "can't stop talking thing" is going to be a problem for her in general.

I love that skirt too. I don't own it though. Poor me.

Hil said...

I want to join the skirt club too! Soren's a cutie!! Poor Jordyn, with her November birthday, has another whole year to wait to go to Kindergarten...