March 19, 2008

Oh Baby!


Nothing to offset a 'difficult season' like the arrival of a beautiful new baby! Today my little brother Matt and his fabulous wife Mindy welcomed Miss Tessa Grace Carlson into the world!

Due to the quick nature of the arrival, Mindy was not able to have the comfort of an epidural and has now joined the "Naturals" club - elevating her to the status of hero in my book. Word on the street is that it hurts pretty darn bad, but you feel like turning cartwheels after-the-fact. I hope to find out myself someday . . .

It's been almost three years since our Carlson family had a new baby and we are all completely overjoyed that Tessa is finally here. My dad left his treatment this morning with tears of joy streaming down his face . Just what the doctor ordered.

Thank you cute baby, for making everyone's day!

5 comments:

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Congratulations to all the Carlson clan! I was wondering when that baby was going to make her arrival!! Happy day indeed.

Emily said...

Congratulations Carlsons! I'm jealous since today is my due date and no baby has arrived yet! Maybe soon?

chelsea said...

yay for new babies!! now tell audrey to have one!! ;)

Tobi said...

THANK YOU!! Someone needed to show us the cuteness!!

Dion Seneca said...

Cngratulations on that sweet baby! And a big shout out to the mom who went natural!!! I have done it four times, but I planned to do it four times. When a natural birth comes your way when you are not expecting it, I can imagine that it is not a welcome circumstance. Nevertheless, it is well worth it when you get a happy baby!