July 3, 2007

Top Ten


Since I'm feverishly getting ready for our upcoming trip to Utah, and I need to clean my house for our 4th of July party here tomorrow, I am quickly going to whip out this week's Top Ten List. Enjoy my reasons for loving this most patriotic of holidays.

The Top Ten Reasons I Love the 4th of July

10. For one day out of the year, everyone seems to love their country.

9. I get to dress my kids and my house up in red, white and blue.

8. We go to the hokey little parade our town throws, which is pretty much just a bunch of cars throwing candy at kids.

7. There's always a good old fashioned pancake breakfast at the church.

6. My husband actually gets a day off of work.

5. One word, three letters: BBQ

4. It's a chance to get together with all my family.

3. I actually take time think about our Founding Fathers and what they did for us.

2. I get to write my name with sparklers!

1. Fireworks! (even if it's on the street in front of my house and they're just from a jumbo pack bought at Costco.)

No comments: