June 17, 2007

Who's Your Daddy?


I love Father's Day! It has always been fun to celebrate my dad (pictured at right), but since getting married, I have another dad to celebrate - my father-in-law. And now that I have children of my own, I get to celebrate their dad too! I think it is a wonderful opportunity to let these three great men know how much I appreciate them.

My dad raised me with love and discipline. He taught me to have honor and to be loyal to my country. He has provided amazing opportunities for me to learn, grow, travel the world and much more. I love him very much. He is a big teddy bear who makes goofy jokes that others may find silly, but I find funny.

My father-in-law is also an amazing man. He raised my husband to be incredible. He taught him to work hard, but enjoy the work too. He taught, by example, how to show tender love and affection to a wife. He is known by all as an honest and good man and has touched the lives of many. I feel a great closeness to him and treasure time spent with him. He is also a big teddy bear who makes goofy jokes that others may find silly, but I find funny.

The father of my children is the greatest man around! He is the biggest blessing in my life. He loves our children and wants nothing more than to see them happy and living a righteous life. He would rather spend time with them than just about anything. He treats me like a queen and makes sure our sons notice, so they too one day will do the same. I love him with all my heart. He isn't a big teddy bear, but he does make goofy jokes that others may find silly, but have me laughing so hard I'm about to wet myself!


Aren't I lucky? Don't I have many things to celebrate this day? The men in my life are fabulous! Here's to you dads!

2 comments:

Kathy Haas said...

What a nice tribute to the fathers in your life. Glad to see all is well in Leesburg.Have a great week. I am planning a quick trip to Utah to celebrate by brother and sister-in-laws 50th wedding anniversary. I'll lso getr to see my other 2 grandsons. A girl is on the way for July 12th. The family keeps growing. See you soon. Love Kathy Haas

The Carlsons said...

What? No mention of how great your brothers are as dads? Actually, I'm a lame dad, brother, and son. But you could have a least mentioned Matt. ;-)