June 26, 2007

The Fruits Of Our Fruits . . .


Not much time to blog today. I'm babysitting three kids, bringing my total up to five (Chris is at Scout Camp) and they've kept me on my toes! I'm stealilng just a few seconds to write while the four oldest jump on the trampoline with a sprinkler underneath and the baby naps. PHEW!

Just wanted to share a few pictures of what became of our delicious blueberries. The pancakes were a huge hit with all on Saturday morning, while the muffins on Sunday morning only seemed to appeal to Travis and I due to the use of whole wheat flour instead of white. My kids are turned off by healthy! How could they resist a muffin recipe that was purported to have won top prize in the Illinois State Fair in 1927? Crazy!

My anniversary was pretty fabulous. I love my husband too much to trivialize in a blog - but I do have to say he is really the greatest. He surprised me with a Minerva Teichert painting that I have been loving for years. It is beautiful and once framed will deserve a place of honor over our mantle.

Not too much else exciting to report today. Busy getting ready for the upcoming Lee Family Reunion. Will ring in tomorrow with the first ever "Weekly Top Ten" list. Cheers!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I want to see a picture of your new piece of art. What a great hubby!