December 1, 2010

Taking The Plunge . . .

IMG_8471

Well, I’ve gone and done it.  I’ve spent a ridiculously large sum of money on a very small amount of make-up.  I’ve had a minor stroke over the sum of money I plunked down and now I’m slathering my face with the stuff. But only a few times a week because I’m lazy and my face needs a break every once and a while and Holy Cow! this eye shadow WAS NOT CHEAP!

I’ve also photographed it for you to see since you were the ones who convinced me to buy it.  I took a first shot with just the make-up, but it was so pathetic looking and I really felt like make- up this expensive should be properly ‘styled’ so I threw in some wood, some ironstone and a few sea shelly types. Better, don’t you think?

IMG_8470

I ended up with three MAC eye shadows and bareMinerals concealer & foundation from the very kind and very made-up gals at Nordstrom.  And despite the exorbitant cost, I have to say that I am really liking all the products I bought.  I did return a brush to bareMinerals before even leaving the store though. Just couldn’t fork over that kind of money for a brush.  See, I’m still a cheap-o at heart!

I’m trying not to feel guilty when I walk past the make-up aisle at Target and see the $5 eye shadow.  I feel like I’ve cheated on a loyal boyfriend.

I know.  I’m weird. So, any guesses as to how much my foray into fancy makeup set me back?

9 comments:

Aiketa said...

This is a dilemma I always have. I am in need of some new (and better) make-up but at the end I never buy it because I don't feel like paying all that "insane" amount that cost and say to myself, ok I'm coming back another day... and that day never seems to be. And I'm still using the cheap one (which is not awesome).

MelancholySmile said...

I would love to know how much it cost! I've been told that MAC is the best out there, but I have yet to try it.

chelsea said...

I refuse to buy MAC because of the price tag, although I am sure you will love it because all my MAC loving friends RAVE about it. As far as the bare minerals, I initially got the kit so I didn't have to see the price tag of the amazing brushes! $60 is a good chunk of money for the kit, but worth every penny (well my gift card pennies). It lasts a LONG time!

Jessie said...

You will love MAC!! I still swear by their Studio Fix powder foundation. I think this good quality makeup is very worth the money...it's the only thing I really splurge on for myself. I don't buy shoes, nice handbags, etc. The shadows last forever. You should post a pic of yourself all done up! And yes, the gals at MAC are always over the top (but it's their job)!

Apis Melliflora said...

I'm guessing at least $72 before tax. You're going to look fabulous for the holiday!

Dion Seneca said...

Well, I'm pretty sure the eyeshadows are about $14 a piece, but I am not sure on the Bare Minerals. I am guessing you were over $100 at least. Ohhh, but it will be so worth it! However, you do need to go back and get that brush. It really, REALLY does make a difference. And it will last forever!

p.s. your first picture made me ridiculously happy for you. I don't know what it is about MAC, but it just makes me giddy!

Stacey Gerlach Moe said...

I am going to guess $125....

The Nerd Mom said...

I'm guessing $125. And my problem, even after spending money on the "good stuff," would be HOW to put it on properly. The last time I wore make-up regularly was probably in the late 80's/early 90's! LOL!

squeezeme said...

I LOVE bareMinerals! I'm a total convert and for me it is worth every single penny. I especially love it because I do not feel "made up" because it is so sheer. enjoy!