May 14, 2009

How To Sucker Your Nephews Into Believing You're The World's Coolest Aunt In Under Twenty-Four Hours . . .

1. Begin the day by feeding them a huge pancake breakfast (with extra butter) followed by unlimited Lego building in the basement.

2. Make a picnic lunch for them under the umbrella on your deck. Be sure it includes greasy (but delicious) chips. Indoctrinate your nephew into finally trying - and loving - ORANGE SODA.

3. Take them to do fun and unusual things, like feeding a cute goose couple and their baby goslings.

4. As you drive by Dunkin' Donuts declare, "Man I think you guys really need a donut!" - just because that's what cool aunts do.

5. Give in to their earnest pleas for the opportunity to finally have a pet by purchasing a fish for them WITHOUT getting permission from their parents.

6. Hook the fish up with a cush pad of its own and then encourage the nephews to keep it a secret when their parents walk in the door from a grueling 100 mile bike race. Enjoy watching as giggling and secret telling ensues.

Congratulations! You are now the coolest Aunt on the planet. Job well done!

11 comments:

christy said...

I love it. If we ever have visiting cousins (without their parents) I'm totally going to try your plan.

The Queen Vee said...

You are the "Coolest Aunt in the World', I proclaim it to be true.

Tobi said...

Your a very fun Aunt. I'm sending my kids to you forewith!

Did Sam get some "new" teeth? I clearly remember a shocking post with accusations of a certain Aunt causing a tooth to be knocked loose.

The Dragonfly said...

Yes, Tobi, he did get new teeth. It was time after the other front tooth fell out (not my doing). :)

Apis Melliflora said...

When can I drop my kids off?

Burton's blog said...

Love it!!! I have three extra kids for a few days also....thanks for the tips!

Jessie said...

You're an amazing mom, so it's no surprise that you're also claiming the title of world's coolest aunt...you definitely earned it! Enjoyed reading about the dragonfly backstory, and love your blog's new look. At some point I bet you could get advertisers and really become professional...you're that good.

TracieCarter said...

Oh man, that opening pic of the pancakes is over the top! I soooo love flapjacks but they're the fastest thing to a tummy ache for me :( How I miss IHOP to satiate that craving!!! Way to go on proper nephew spoilage!

lee kriel said...

Don't forget Fun-Dip and gum!!!

You are a cool aunt! Would you like to adopt three more young men?

The Carlsons said...

You are the coolest Aunt around. Proof... My kids often say they want to go live with you when I'm on a rampage. I love the cute pictures of everyone.

Bob the fish will be a memory they'll talk about when they get old like us....I'll try not to kill this one.

Thanks for being so AWESOME! I love you and of course my kids love you.

chelsea said...

You are so lucky to be a part of their lives! It looks like you guys had a whole lot of fun and the pictures are awesome!

-Their aunt who lives thousands of miles away :(