August 30, 2012

Week One …

I’m not gonna lie. The first week back to school has been a little rough.

We’ve had 5:50 a.m. wake up times for high schoolers, insomnia for middle schoolers, lonely lunches for elementary schoolers , whiny potty training for toddlers and in the middle of the week I threw my back out leaving me completely useless and feeling just plain OLD.

I hope your week and transition has been a lot smoother than ours.  It usually takes a complete month for us to find our school footing, but this year has been cuh-razy.

As it is Friday and we all have a three day weekend to enjoy – I’d like to share a tradition with you that I do for my kids each year.  When we have our back to school dinner the night before school starts, I leave a slip of paper on everyone’s plate sharing my wishes for my children this school year.

After we’ve talked about our desires for our kids, they tape them to their mirrors as a reminder.

I hope your wishes and hopes for your children come true this year. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Stacey Gerlach Moe said...

Oh, no! I am so sorry to hear about your back. I have thrown my back out many times and it is so painful! Hope the recovery is swift!!!

brendag said...

Our kids go back next week.

I wish we had a 5:50am wake up time! Our seminary starts at 6am so when you & Chris are getting up our two oldest are leaving for our church building.

I love your tradition of school year wishes!

The Queen Vee said...

It's been a rough week, hopefully next week will go more smoothly as everyone gets into the routine.194 gensbed

The Queen Vee said...

I have no idea where that 194 gensbed came from. A ghost word recognition that creeped into the comment.

Aiketa said...

Ups... I guess it was so difficult to get into back school schedule...

I love all your traditions Samantha! You have such great ideasI think that's so great too, to think and write down what your wishes are for each of your kids.

Don't ever delate your blog, I will need to come back here for inspiration when I have a family! ;)