April 2, 2012

This Little Thing Makes Me Happy {Take Three} …

On Saturday the Hubby taught RedDog how to crack pecan nuts using only his bare hands.  He felt like he was super human. 

I could’ve sat and watched him do it all day long.  He is always sneaking pecans out of our pantry to snack on.  When he learned that he could crack these shells and his effort would produce the most humongous fresh pecans inside, he was giddy. Sometimes the funniest things make this boy jump for joy.

Making me jump for joy was the fact that these gorgeous pecans came off the tree from his Great Grandma Lee’s back yard in Hurricane, Utah and were hand delivered to RedDog by his dad.

Now the question is, do you think I can get him to shell enough for me to use in my Boyfriend Cookie recipe this week? We’ll see.

5 comments:

Sue said...

Yummy! We used to have a pecan tree outside our house at Ft. Sill, OK. I loved eating those nuts every fall. I was never cool enough to crack them myself, though!

squeezeme said...

MMMM....Pecans are my favorite. Red Dog, you are super strong! I can't do that so I wimp out and buy them already shelled, but they taste so much better freshly cracked!

Apis Melliflora said...

In my youth, I was a pecan sneak too. My favorite nut of all.

Aiketa said...

Fathers always have many things to teach! I'm still learning new things everyday from my father.

I've never tasted this kind of nuts, I even didn't know they existed...

The Queen Vee said...

I think we need to send Aiketa a bag of pecans.

Does Soren bite his nails, they're so short?

I'm with Soren, I love Pecans. I'm going to have him show me is pecan cracking trick.