January 11, 2012

Three Photos I Love …

I hardly picked up my camera over the Christmas break.  I was too busy enjoying it to photograph it.

Luckily, our friend awesome Jennie was here.  She caught the moments I was savoring.  Here are three of my favorite pictures as viewed from her camera:

My sweet RedDog, the first one to sit down to Christmas Eve dinner. I love his little body in that big chair, all lit up from the glow of candles. What a sweet boy he is.  We hosted 24 people that night and I was running around the three different dining rooms to make sure all was in order. So glad Jennie thought to capture my boy in this moment.

sorendinner

Our family at the Washington DC Temple.  We go every year as a family to see the beautiful lights and the nativities displayed from all over the world.  This is the first year (in nine) that we have had only light jackets on. No bundling up. No gloves and chattering teeth.  Look at Big C who's as tall as me. My family is getting so big. I can't stand it.

temple lights 2

This picture of me with my Owlie boy makes me want to burst. This little fellow is my partner in crime. He and I are serious buddies and we're going to be tight for life. He wanted to see the lights with me and no one else. I didn't mind at all. I just love him in his bear hat.

temple lights

Thanks Jennie, for being our photographer. So happy to have captured these memories.

My computer has been sent off to the doctor for a week.  It is very ill.  I am typing this from the floor of the piano room with my old laptop plugged into the wall for internet connection.  After being wireless for so long, it feels very foreign.  Please bear with me during the next week while I muddle through at a much slower pace.  Maybe that means the boxes of Christmas decor stacked high in the basement will be put away?

9 comments:

TracyS. said...

That first shot is a treasure.

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos! I glimpsed a distant view of that temple once while driving and couldn't believe how beautiful it was. Thank you for sharing. :-)

Aiketa said...

Oh these pics are so beautiful! I can't say which one I like best...

Apis Melliflora said...

I like the Red Dog picture the best, hands down. It tells a story.

But I love all the people in all the pictures.

I sometimes remember what life was like when video games consisted of Xs and Os moving about on the screen; when the internet was a new concept I didn't think would take off; when my microwave sized computer was thought to be petite.

Our tech comforts amaze me every day.

The Queen Vee said...

If I could I would give you and Apple today to keep your PC problems away.

It's so great to have a good friend.

Obviously RedDog was hungry.

The Queen Vee said...

And should be AN.....

AllisonK said...

They are all so lovely but I agree that the first one speaks volumes!

Tobi said...

Christmas is so enchanting. The mundane is transformed into the extraordinary. Glad you had a friend to help you capture those precious moments.

Sorry about your laptop. Seems like you should possible consider switching to the dark side. OR should I say the apple side? =)

Unknown said...

Great pictures. It looks like your holidays were great. Merry Christmas. :)