October 11, 2011

How To: Gussy Up A Door . . .

grey door

After seeing this image {via Pinterest}, I want to paint all of the doors inside my house a soothing grey color.  But I’m pretty sure the hubby wouldn’t go for it.  And I’m pretty sure I don’t really want to do the hard painting work on seventeen doors!

Instead, I decided I’d gussy my doors up another way. Using some small gilded letters I found at Hobby Lobby, I adhered them to the bedroom doors with 3M velcro strips. Do you know about 3M strips? I lurve them.  Now our bedroom is indicated by an M for mom and a D for dad.  And the kids have their first initial on their doors as well.

It’s a fun, quick fix and I’m loving our “fancy doors” {Hannie B’s description.}  Are you daring enough to paint your interior doors?

4 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

Nary a door is gussied up in this house. I'm pretty psyched if the doors are dusted and fingerprint free.

But your idea is a pretty one...looks like a B&B in there!

Kasey said...

Great idea! Love it!

The Queen Vee said...

Better lettered than painted and a lot less work.

Stacey Gerlach Moe said...

I agree with Apis. It does look like a B&B. Love the idea!