We have this with a little tutorial from Emily at Jones Design Company. I’m not gonna lie – this was A LOT of work. Hannie B. has two teachers. Add in RedDog’s teacher and we ended up making 24 paper flowers. They’re not perfect. There was much glue involved. But they are done. And I had a delightful time sitting and talking with my daughter while she rolled paper and cut leaves and I burned my fingers and bent floral wire for a few hours.
We attached a little note to each vase labeling these as “Amazing Unwiltable Flowers”. I think that was my desperate attempt at hoping the teachers won’t just chuck our hard work in the trash but will instead realize they can last a long, long time. We’ll see. Next year, maybe something a little easier. Knowing me, probably not!
PS. I loved the beauty of Emily’s monochromatic scheme, but in an effort lower costs, I decided to use only paper I already had on hand.