March 9, 2011

The Post Wherein I Surrender . . .

IMG_9120

Little Ollie being sick.

As a mom sometimes I think I’m invincible.  That somehow, my immune system has built up bullet proof walls that cannot be penetrated no matter how many times I’m puked on or how many snotty noses I wipe.

Well, today I’m waving the white flag of surrender.  The flu has overtaken me to the point that even the joints of my fingers and toes ache.  I slept half of yesterday and went to bed at 6 pm last night.

The Queen will come rescue Mr. Ollie from this pitiful place we call home and I will crawl under my covers and sleep some more.

More. Wait, no more.  No more sickness, please.

 

9 comments:

Christa said...

oh I hope you all feel better soon

Apis Melliflora said...

There are some times when hibernation is an absolute necessity. This is one of those times. Sleep and dream of fresh air, spring flowers, and rosy cheeks on happy babes.

Sue said...

Rest well Dragonfly!

AllisonK said...

feel better soon. Your mom is the best.

Emily said...

Oh my, hope you feel better soon!

Ronalin said...

I'm so sorry you are sick, even in the midst of sickness you thought of me, thanks! Now get better!

The Queen Vee said...

The flu is no fun but a day spent with Owlet is.

squeezeme said...

Get better soon, Sammy!

Anonymous said...

Rest and try to drink lots of fluids. I hope it passes quickly.