November 1, 2010

Green With Envy . . .

IMG_8005

On Friday our we gave our daughter these bracelets as a good luck charm for her theatrical debut.  Don’t they just shout Emerald City? They went perfectly with her ‘Ozian child’ costume and made her feel sparkly and special.

Opening night was a hit!  Hannie B said her lines right on cue.  She danced around the stage with Munchkin-like enthusiasm, cowered at the Wicked Witch of the West with realistic fear and sent Dorothy down the Yellow Brick road with authority and charm.

It was so fun to sit in the audience and actually watch the entire play.  I was dying to see how the tornado would be created.  It didn’t  disappoint!  We went home tired, happy and proud.

Then on Saturday I got to play stage mom for both the matinee and evening shows.  It was a VERY LONG nine hours of managing 36 Munchkins, their costume changes, their stage cues, their hair and makeup, their DRAMA – and let me tell you, there was some serious DRAMA. 

Somehow I also ended up miking Glinda the Good Witch six times.  It was hilarious to see how many of the little Munchkin girls would encircle her glittered pink dress every time, watching with big eyes as I attached her microphone, got her crown on and secured and sent her on her way.  Glinda and Dorothy are THE it-girls for sure.

Saturday left me exhausted.  But Hannie B. was even worse off than me.  She could not {for the life of her} wake up for church yesterday.  So I let her sleep.  And when we got home at 12:15, she was STILL asleep.  And now we know that the Yellow Brick road leads straight to exhaustion!

Here are some snaps I took Saturday night {please disregard fluorescent school lighting}:

IMG_8018IMG_8021IMG_8024IMG_8019IMG_8022IMG_8026IMG_8029IMG_8023IMG_8025IMG_8030IMG_8027IMG_8031IMG_8035IMG_8037

7 comments:

MelancholySmile said...

Congrats to both you and Hannie B! You survived and thrived. The munchkins look adorable!

Emily said...

Wish I could have seen it! I love the shot of all the colored tights.

Suzanne C said...

You are one brave momma!

The Queen Vee said...

It was great, the Munchkins were terrific and absolutely cute, every single one of them...although one really stood out amongst the crowd.

squeezeme said...

Congrats Hannie B! And way to go stage momma supreme!

Apis Melliflora said...

Oh, I just can't wait, can't wait to be there live and yell "Bravo!"

Kasey said...

Success! I'm glad you all had such a great time.