September 29, 2010

He and Me . . .

IMG_1307

Photo by Sue Richardson

Today he is taking me on a getaway.  He will sit by me on the plane and there will be no one else between us needing entertainment or more pretzels or to go to the bathroom for the thirteenth time. He will make me laugh.  And he will let me sleep on his shoulder and try hard not to think about missing one Ollie boy. He will carry my bags and open my doors.  In other words, he will treat me like he does all of the time.

When I suggested he should take me on an anniversary trip and that I thought it should involve visiting my baby brother, he agreed.  No exotic locale, no fancy hotel.  Just he and me going to see family we love. 

He and me.  We’re really, really good together.

PS. I may post random pictures from our trip with little or no commentary.  Join me next Tuesday for regular posts.

6 comments:

Tobi said...

Have a safe flight. I can't wait to see you both!

Apis Melliflora said...

May the flame of romance always burn bright!

AllisonK said...

Have a wonderful time!

squeezeme said...

Have an WONDERFUL get-away! Say hello to Matt and Mindy for us.

Aiketa said...

Have a brilliant getaway! You two really deserve this!

The Queen Vee said...

Yeah, say hello to M and M and girlies for me.

Kids are fed, in bed, and alive as am I.