August 8, 2010

Reunion Recap #6: Minute To Win It

I swear to all who read this blog that I will be finished with the reunion saga of 2010 in the next two days.  Two posts a day, four more posts, and I’ll have then used up only sixty of the six hundred pictures I took during the week.  AAAACK!  {But seriously, I was one of the only people there with a camera , so I feel an obligation to be the historian}.

The Hubby’s family likes to play games.  They are really fun game people.  And when I say fun, I mean that at some point someone will probably wet their pants from laughing so hard.  It’s awesome.

One night our very clever Auntie Heidi brought out the Minute To Win It games. If you haven’t seen the NBC show, you really should.  It’s a riot. But now I know that it’s even better when people you know are doing the minute-long challenges right in front of you – especially if it’s something truly humiliating!

First up the kids had a few rounds, which included the following: {Sorry Heidi, I can’t remember all the clever names}

The Elephant March – One minute to knock over all the water bottles in a line, and in sequence, using only a pair of panty hose on your head that contain a tennis ball.

IMG_6950

Cotton Nose Joe – One minute to dip your nose into a plate of Vaseline and pick up as many cotton balls as you can, shaking them off into a bowl without using your hands.

IMG_6956

IMG_6957

Don’t Blow It:  One minute to try and pull all the tissues out of a kleenex box, one at a time.  {Look at the concentration on my RedDog’s face!}

IMG_6964

Match Maker: One minute to separate all the M&M’s from a bowl into individual dolor cups one M&M at a time.

IMG_6968

Junk In The Trunk:  One minute to shake as many ping pong balls out of the Kleenex box as possible.

IMG_6982

Make It Stick:  One minute to bounce a ping pong ball and get it to stick to a piece of bread with peanut butter on it.

IMG_6987 

Gone Fishin’:  One minute to wet a gummy worm with saliva and using only the string it’s attached to, pick up and eat as many pretzels as you can.

IMG_6989

Once the kids were done, there was swimming and dessert while the adults geared up for their round.  {Note: Please forgive my photography.  I was laughing, the lighting was horrid and well, the results are mediocre.}

We did some of the same challenges as the kids, plus a few extra. You’d think an extra tennis ball would give you an added advantage in the Elephant March.  Turns out, not so much.

IMG_6992

Face The Cookie:  One minute to move an Oreo from your forehead to your mouth using only your facial muscles. {Second favorite of the night!}

IMG_6996

Egg Roll:  One minute to move an egg from starting point to small taped off square using only a pizza box.

IMG_6998

Paper Dragon: One minute to unroll two rolls of party streamers, one roll in each hand, using only your hands and arms.  Okay, it has to be said, this was the most hilarious moment of the whole night and one of the funniest of the entire reunion.  It was made even better by the fact that the participants were my mother-in-law and two of the Hubby’s cool sisters.  The challenge was not easy.  In fact, I think there may have been some sore biceps and triceps the next morning.  The three of them ended up looking like freakish exotic birds flying around the yard, feathers and wings flapping like crazy.  I’m going to stop trying to describe it now and just let the photos talk:

IMG_6993

IMG_6994

IMG_6995

Thanks Aunt Heidi for all the work you put into an amazing – and sooo funny – night for everyone.  It rocked!

8 comments:

AllisonK said...

I haven't seen or heard of this minute to win it, but I think I'm going to implement it into family night each week!!!! Such a great idea! Thank you.

Kasey said...

This is awesome. Great pictures. We'll have to use this for our reunion next June!

Emily said...

That sounds like a lot of FUN!!!

christy said...

I love it! I'm sure it was a blast.

Apis Melliflora said...

I'm stealing this idea for sure. Aunt Heidi, you or your sources are brilliant!

The Queen Vee said...

Hilarious, those Lees know how to have fun.

Stacey Gerlach Moe said...

I laughed out loud and I don't even know the members of your family. What great ideas!!!

Sue said...

Ditto what Melissa said!