June 18, 2010

Today I Will . . .

IMG_6265

Feed my children donuts and milk for breakfast.

*

Go buy helium filled balloons.

*

Make a top secret cake that is going to knock some socks off.

*

Fill our sidewalk squares with congratulatory chalk messages.

*

Clean up the back deck to make it party ready.

*

Cut melons while crossing my fingers that I picked good ones.

*

Organize old fashioned gamey goodness.

*

Welcome 20 neighborhood kids into my yard.

*

Throw away three backpacks worth of junk.

*

Celebrate because it is finally {finally!} the last day of school!

12 comments:

The Queen Vee said...

With you planning and executing this event I know it will be anything but a bust. Making memories and celebrating the end of school will make 20 kiddos very happy.

Hil said...

Sounds like so much fun! Wishing you great weather and big smiles. ♥

Christa said...

Oh I wish we could come over. Looks like I will have to host our own fun. What a cute idea! HAVE FUN!!!

Emily said...

I'm impressed!

christy said...

Hooray for you!! Sounds like a smashing good time.

Burton's blog said...

I can't believe your kids are just barely out of school. Now I must move to Virginia. I wonder every year why our kids are out of school and there is no summer weather in sight. Enjoy your party! Sounds like fun. Maybe we will do a hot cocoa party here next year.

Dion said...

You are a way cooler mom than I am!

We have been out of school for almost a full month. Crazy!

Apis Melliflora said...

I can't wait to hear how that melon busted out! With techni-color pictures, of course.

Lori Gerten said...

I hope it was a blast! There's no way it could not be!!!!!!!!!

Suzanne C said...

You are the best mom ever! The traditions you are passing on are priceless!

queenie said...

i'm jealous! why can't we be done yet!! argh!

MelancholySmile said...

Didn't you just throw a party? You are one busy, creative woman! And I always get watermelon-picking anxiety as well. :)