January 14, 2010

It's Really Over, Isn't It . . .


The only down side to all the lovely photo cards we got this year for Christmas? My yearly tradition of turning this year's cards into next year's tags is getting smaller and smaller. Out of about one hundred greetings this year, only 20 had actual cards with them. I suppose I could use the photo cards, but it might be a little weird to have someone else's family staring at us from our presents.

I've trimmed and punched holes in the tags and they are going down to join the other Christmas wrappings. I also took my live wreath off the door yesterday since it was shedding needles with wreckless abandon. I think the grand finale to the holiday season was going over to my help my parents finish off their Christmas puzzle yesterday. I do like to make it stretch for as long as possible, but I hate to admit that the season finally feels like it's over.

Next up: the Hubby's birthday in a week and a half, helping with a baby shower for a friend, leading the discussion at book group, wrapping my brain around this year's Valentine's day and then hosting a baby shower for another friend. Whew.

But before any of that can happen, I am super happy to admit that today I am going to do something JUST FOR ME - after six long months and the past eight days in a hat, I am finally going to get my hair cut and colored! Thanks Queen for making it possible. I hope Owlie is a gem.

dragonfly signature

5 comments:

Janie said...

I can't believe the season is really over either! I took my Christmas things down and put Valentine's up and I wasn't quite ready for that, but it will save me some time in the long run. I like your idea of making cards into tags. I've been saving my cards for my kids to make a Christmas book like one I made as a kid. Any leftovers and we'll make tags as well. I'm with you, I really like getting actual cards, particularly old fashioned looking ones. I'm feeling so guilty this year because I only sent e-mail ones. Next year I'm sending cards!

Apis Melliflora said...

Can't wait to see the new "do." I always feel younger and more energetic after my hair girl does her magic.

Our last bit of Christmas is the outdoor lights and they're not coming down until the temperature warms up! They may actually be frozen to the tree and bushes.

Tobi said...

Have fun getting your hair all spiffed up. It's fun to walk away with a sassy new look!

Kasey said...

Enjoy YOUR day!!

The Queen Vee said...

Christmas continues in one part of my house.....I still have a tree in the basement to take down. I go down to get something and there it is in all it's prettiness and I think, "I need to pack up that tree", then I get whatever I came down for and go back upstairs and forget all about it.