October 5, 2009

Handmade Monday (Part 3)


This darling banner {you know they're all the rage!} was made for Oliver by my talented friend Ronalin. It hung on a beautiful antique mantle at my baby shower, just waiting to come home with me and find a special place in the nursery. She knew the colors and general idea I had for the room and crafted a perfect fit for this old mirror from Germany.
RedDog has been spelling little Ollie's name for quite some time now thanks to this gift. Can anyone guess what we've got going on in this room for two boys? (Hint: I don't really do themes in rooms but there is definitely an undercurrent here . . .)
More room pictures to come tomorrow!




dragonfly signature

6 comments:

Sue said...

I'm gonna go with a cowboy/wild west/pioneer theme.

Apis Melliflora said...

Stars and stripes forever. Beautiful banner for a beautiful boy.

Tobi said...

I'm going with Dr. Suess, Star belly Sneeches. "Theres Stars Upon Thars."

chelsea said...

I am goin with Cowboy/Texas theme....but I am in LOVE with the stars!

The Carlsons said...

I guess since I've seen the room I can't venture a guess.

jd said...

uh, you don't really do themes in rooms?? I hope that was in jest, because I should think otherwise! I've SEEN your house, I love it, I lust after it, and there are definitely some classy, creative and just dang cool themes going on in some of the rooms...!!