August 21, 2009

Forget Comfort, It's All About Cute . . .

Have you ever noticed how babies can sleep with thier heads turned completely sideways? Here's Mr. Ollie, having a little late night snapper on the hard family room floor {where I should add, the Hubby so kindly placed him}. If you didn't see his arms and torso, you might think he was lying on his stomach with the way his head his positioned. Go ahead, you know you want to cover up his arm and torso . . . just do it.

Here is a view from the top {Please disregard the creepy veins all over his scull. He is not an alien, we pale white folk just have to deal with that until we get hair.} Again, I'm thinking here that his head looks like it could get all possessed and just rotate a full 360 degrees. Is it just me? Then he really would be Owlie!



Just in case you're wondering, I tried to lay down and mimic this position and I think I may have strained my neck. Do not try it at home. Unless you're curious.

p.s. When you do try it, let me know if it's comfy for you.

p.p.s. Isn't my baby kinda cute?
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Stacey Gerlach Moe said...

Your baby is PRECIOUS and BEAUTIFUL!!

christy said...

He is soooo cute! The first few days when Claire came home I couldn't find that little head positioner for the carseat so her head was always completely sideways and Ryan was afraid it would fall off (not really, but he acted like it). It's amazing how these little ones can sleep in such crazy positions until I remember they were crammed tight in our bellies for months.

Lori Gerten said...

Your baby is very very cute!!!!

The Queen Vee said...

Not even trying that postion as too many years have come and gone for this chick. I can't even spread my hands out flat anymore let alone turn my had head and then lay it flat sideways. I've got a stiff neck just looking at Owlie.

Of course he's CUTE!

Susan said...

He is absolutely adorable!

Sue said...

"I don't know... I think I'm kinda cute". Nice work, Owlie!

C and Co. said...

Your baby is gorgeous!! You did real good (as my dad would say)!

Julie said...

I've not only been a bad blogger, but a bad follower as well. I haven't read blogs in forever but I'm commenting now to say that I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE little Ollie. He's darling and perfect. Congratulations! And I'm so impressed that you can keep on blogging with all the chaos that comes with a new baby in the house. I really feel like a slacker now.

Apis Melliflora said...

Babies are just large rubber bands {hence the amazing sleeping positions} and yours is the cutest!

Tobi said...

My neck hurts just looking at those pictures. So no thank you on the trying it at home. Also Oliver is very very precious. Sleeping babies are the pinnacle of cuteness!