July 21, 2009

Quick and Easy {Grown Up Girl} Gift . . .

A few weeks ago I posted about an easy and inexpensive gift that Hannie B. took to a birthday party for a nine year old. Last week it was my turn to celebrate a friend's birthday. Once again, I wanted to do something fun and a little different that reflected the personality of my friend Susan but wouldn't break the bank.

I immediately thought of this little paint can I had stashed in my gift wrapping supplies. Since Susan loves pink, I thought it would be fun to fill the can with little pink items that would help her "Paint The Town Pink" - {see the label I made for the top of the can}. I stuffed the can with bubblegum pink nail polish, some sassy pink nail files, pink polish remover, deliciously scented pink body wash, some great pink socks {on super clearance}, pink Choxie chocolate {also clearanced} and a pink iTunes gift card. I topped it all off with an obnoxiously large pink bow and met Susan for a yummy lunch at a local fire-grilled pizza joint.

Aside from the gift card, most of the items were dirt cheap! I can't post actual prices, since Susan reads my blog, but just wanted to illustrate once again that it is fun to think outside the box for birthday gifts and look for unusual items at discount prices.

6 comments:

TracieCarter said...

You're so funny! And boy do I miss Fireworks pizza! Their salad, piping hot cheese dip, and quattro carne pizza have called our names many times while here! It's all about their meat balls for me. Salivating . . . but anyhow, do you use a specific label program for all your cute stickers or is it just something you tweak out in Word? Guess I need to investigate this.

Acacia said...

So Cute! Where do you get the empty paint cans?

Kasey said...

Do you have a program on your computer to make the stickers? So clever you are! I love it.

The Queen Vee said...

I'm sure Susan loved her clever "DiRt CheAp"gift although she may not LoVe knowing that it was so dirt cheap.

Apis Melliflora said...

Our craft supplies have been off-site for awhile now. So I'm pretty much in awe of all your creative efforts. You could sell your idea: Paint Can Gifts!

Susan said...

I loved the gift and absolutely love your creativity! You are such a great friend and I really love that you take the time to create such great presents for your friends. :)