March 18, 2009

I Surrender . . .


(photo courtesy of Baking Bites)

I'm afraid to say that my goal of gaining only 25-30 pounds during this pregnancy has just jumped out the window. Of a twenty story building. And is now kersplat! in a messy pile on the sidewalk below.

Because I just came across this recipe for HOMEMADE SAMOAS (are you reading this Christy?) and I am going to make them, lick the bowl, eat them all by myself and then roll around in the crumbs while giggling like a small child (or a woman with a serious Samoa addiction).

Afterwards, I'm going to drink a large glass of milk. Cuz I'm all about being healthy for my baby.

PS. Another Charlie Horse in the middle of the night - after bananas and stretching! Will try for pickle juice and flexing mid-attack tonight. Thanks for all the great advice (and funny stories - Audrey)

6 comments:

Tobi said...

I can see why this particular recipe would shatter your goals. Just don't do what I did and gain 60 pounds!!

I loved your description of wallowing in the Samoas. Hilarious Samantha!

Kasey said...

Oh man, those look chow. I gain 60 with my first and 40 with my 2nd. I was all about the dairy queen blizzards!! I think you're okay to treat yourself to goodies once and awhile!! okay, maybe a lot!! It'll all come off after wards!!

christy said...

Oh, no! I had heard there were recipes out there and now I know I need to search for one. Let me know if the one you try is ultra-fabulous! You know I'll try it.

Apis Melliflora said...

I wish I hadn't read this blog post. Danger ahead! Hoping the recipe is too complicated and isn't nearly as chewy or delicious as the real thing.

As to gaining only 35, impossible for me: 50 with each one no matter the food or exercise.

Studies show that pregnant moms who eat chocolate have happier babies! You should definitely lick the bowl.

LJB said...

YUM YUM! Those look absolutely heavenly! Forget about licking the bowl, I almost licked the screen! You will have to report and let us know if they taste as good as they look!

The Queen Vee said...

You make them and I'll come and help you eat them so you won't gain so much weight. I think that's a Win Win for both of us and I'm in to Win Wins.