April 9, 2010

The Post Wherein I Declare Craziness . . .

Image by Chris Carlson of The Little Camera {check it out, cuz it's UH-MAZING!}

I woke up today thinking it was Saturday.  I got out of bed and took Ollie into the hall where I heard the Hubby say "RedDog, where's your lunch?  We're getting behind schedule! You need to hustle!"  Huh?  I called downstairs, "Where are you guys going?".  The Hubby had to physically see my face to respond: "They're going to school.  We're about to read scriptures.  Are you joining us?" Wow.  I guess it's not Saturday yet.

I'm going to go ahead and blame yesterday for today.  Here's a snippet of what happened to make me cuckoo:

 I chopped off all of my hair.
*
I left my house at 8:45 AM and did not return until 4:05 PM.
*
I did not see my Ollie from 8:45 AM until 3:30 PM.
*
I took one too  many allergy pills.
*
My cell phone died a tragic and most certain death.
*
I spent an hour at the doctor's office cursing the very existence of the urinary tract.
*
I got locked out of my house.
*
The extra allergy pill kicked in and I fell asleep for twenty minutes at around 6:00.
*
I refused to cook dinner.
*
I attended a meeting where I was given enough work to keep me at my computer for at least ten to twenty hours.
*
I finished reading The Glass Castle and had strange dreams all night long.

So, since it is FRIDAY, I am going to go to lunch with a dear friend.  And then I'm going to come home and finish yesterday's laundry.  And then I'm going to finish a painting project.  And move an entire kitchen. And smooch all over a little bald fellow with a bruised head.

What are you doing today?
  dragonfly signature

7 comments:

  1. That was indeed a crazy day! I wish you a slower, more peaceful, healthier day today.

    We're going to visit with a friend too. And take it easy.
    It might even snow here. I live in the land of Wheel of Fortune weather. You never know what you're going to get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, i wish it WERE Saturday! Sounds like you need one after a day like yesterday.

    And I really want to see your new haircut. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a doozy of a day. May today be a better one. I would also love to see the new do. I'm sure it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You survived to write about it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry but I laughed at this post! That's just a normal day for me!!! HA! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a seriously insane day. I will mourn the death of your cell phone with you. I can't function without mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Samantha, I am catching up on posts, but just had to say... have a happy -long awaited- saturday.. I am glad your Thursday is now two days behind you!

    ReplyDelete

Because of you, I'm no longer having a conversation with myself!