Would be to design invitations for kid birthday parties. Is that even a job? I don't want to plan the whole party (although I do enjoy doing that for my own kiddoes) and I don't want to have to actually go to the party. I just want to create fun invitations that make people happy when they get them.
For Hannie B's big day this year, we've decided to take five of her closest friends to see the new High School Musical movie on its opening night. Here's what I came up with for her invite:
I made this ticket invitation on my trusty little computer. Then I wrapped a picture of "Troy and Gabriella" around it and inserted a small card with some additional information about the party on it.Each ticket was put into a popcorn box with some yellow paper shred as faux popcorn. The finished result looked like this:
I'm looking for an extra set of hands to help out at the theater - anyone interested in seeing HSM3 with six screaming 8 and 9 years olds?
Clever and super cute, I'm not surprised.
ReplyDeleteMay even be able to help you. We'll talk!
Where did you get the popcorn boxes?
I just had to type in the longest word verification ever created.
If I were an 8 year old girl, I would take my giant HSM3 ticket and hang it somewhere in my room...that's how cool it is!
ReplyDeleteMiss Banana, your mom sure knows how to add "pop" to your party invitations!
Those are the most awesome invitations ever.
ReplyDeleteAnd you don't know HOW BAD I wish I could jump a flight and head out there to help you chaperone this party. After the last 48 hours I've had - I sooooooooo want to run away. (Don't worry, nothing too terribly tragic just everything happening at once.)
My kingdom for a tenth of your creativity!!
ReplyDeleteIf it is a job-You are HIRED! Can I get ideas for more birthday invites? (For boys?)
ReplyDeleteVery creative, love it!
These are the best ever! I am sure that your pretty girl will have a birthday not to be forgotten - the invitation is something else!!
ReplyDeleteWOW! What great invitations! Love your creativity!
ReplyDeleteCan you be my mom?
ReplyDeleteYour invitations turned out great! You always have the best invitations so it's no surprise.
ReplyDeleteIf I was going to be in town I'd be in like flynn to help with the party....
Ok, I'm stealing your idea. We had already planned my daughter's 8th birthday at the theater watching HSM 3, too, so now I'm totally going to make those same invites! So cute!
ReplyDeleteI would love to come help you guys! I can't wait to see HSM3 and to meet one of your offspring would be cool!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
fantastic idea! I want to come to your parties! great idea to use the popcorn boxes! The movie should be fun-you can get up and dance with everyone else in the theater! have fun!
ReplyDeleteYou could sell those on ebay and make a fortune!
ReplyDeleteToo, too cool!
You could be a professional invite maker!!! Soooo cute! But what if someone ordered a hundred of those delights from you? Would you still love it? Your daughter is so lucky to have such a talented and creative mommy!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your post about the celery flower. It's true that we need to delight in the small wonders of life!
I want one! What a great idea! Totally stealing yet another idea from the VERY creative Carlson fam!
ReplyDeleteMy 9 year old is sooo excited we bounce off the walls...( i mean our ears) IF i knew where you lived we would come and help. I am actually excited about this special date with my baby girl!
ReplyDelete