March 23, 2010

Repurposed . . .

Remember the fun circle garland I sewed up for the baby shower a few weeks ago? I couldn't bring myself to throw it away. I didn't know when I would have a need for it again and was sad at the thought of it tangled up in a drawer somewhere. So I decided to give it a new home.


It now resides over the baby's crib. He loves to sit and stare at it as it sways every so slightly above him. I often find him talking to it after a nap. Even though there are some florals in the patterns and the colors aren't an exact match for the boys room, I am happy I was able to 'upcycle' this project.


For refrence, I taped it directly to the ceiling. If I keep it there longer term, I may attach it to an embroidery hoop somehow for more longevity.


The rest of this room and the rest of my house, for that matter, are a disaster. We are preparing to take a little Spring Break trip {more on that later}. We are preparing to have some construction work done in the house {more on that later}. We are preparing for Easter {more on that later, too}. And I am preparing for a mental breakdown - but what's new?

Join me tomorrow for a trip simplification tip.

dragonfly signature
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

  1. I love mobiles! It looks fantastic, and gives me so many ideas for projects of my own-- do you run into problems with having a ceiling fan in the same room? It's so hot here that we've already started using the fans, and it makes it hard to keep a mobile from tangling. :(

    Have a fun trip! Hope it offers relief from your allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so green Sam.

    No breakdowns allowed.

    What can I do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. Super cute. I am currently in the process of repurposing those plastic water bottle flowers for a mobile above Claire's crib. We're on the same page. :) Can't wait to hear about your trip, your home project, etc. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! Great job, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That mobile is cool enough to hang anywhere. Clever girl.

    Don't go bonkers just yet. Wait til you get here so we can do that together.=-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melancholy,
    I don't have a ceiling fan in this particular room. But it would cause a problem for the mobile if I did!
    Dragonfly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I. Love. It!!! I think I need to make one now for my baby girls room. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. darling "repurpose"
    so much happening, I can't wait to see and hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trip simplification tip later?! But I leave on one TODAY! Waah! Great garland move!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the color of the paint on the walls as it is photographed although it doesn't look at all like the color one actually sees in person. That's why when you see a room in a magazine and say, "I love that color" it isn't the actual color and you'll never be able to match it....am I making sense at all?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the color of the paint on the walls as it is photographed although it doesn't look at all like the color one actually sees in person. That's why when you see a room in a magazine and say, "I love that color" it isn't the actual color and you'll never be able to match it....am I making sense at all?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The repurposed garland looks beautiful in Ollie's room. Good thinking Lady!

    Have a fun safe trip in Ohio with Apis. Take lots of pictures for me please and some for yourself of course.

    ReplyDelete

Because of you, I'm no longer having a conversation with myself!