February 8, 2010

Wow.

What an amazing weekend we've had! This is my house after meeting up with 30 inches of snow.  Our storm {now dubbed "Snowmageddon"} broke all sorts of records and kept us busy. I have loved spending three full days with my people doing snow storm related stuff, including the following:

too much shoveling
a lot of Tylenol taking
sore back rubbing
weather channel gazing
snow fort building
good neighborly bonding
homemade granola making
chocolate chip cookie baking
late night movie watching
comfort food noshing
winter picture taking
constant dryer running
hot chocolate drinking
little Ollie giggling
luge track riding
cold snowball throwing
class Valentine crafting
home church holding
Super Bowl commercial watching
family walk taking
Hubby home helping
drippy nose wiping
freckled faces smiling

Today is my birthday.  I had planned to spend it with my Hubby.  Now I get to spend it with my Hubby and four kiddoes, because school is cancelled for the next two days while Virginia digs out.  Then on Tuesday we're supposed to get another five to twelve inches, which means there will be no school on Wednesday either.

It is not a bad thing to be surrounded by family on one's birthday.  I am happy.  More pictures to come.
dragonfly signature

21 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Sammy! Here's hoping the big kids will babysit while you have a nap, then you can have a wild, racous party will all your peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday and WOW!!!!! That puts our Colorado winter to shame...hope the sun shines bright before June!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, Happy Birthday, Sam. Spending time with your birthday is the PERFECT way to spend it. And you did a great job digging yourself out of the snow. I bet the kids are just giddy with how much snow you got!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feliz Cumple! Enjoy the snow. Really. All we have to look at is the multi-toned beige landscape. Snow is much prettier, even if there is like three to four feet to contend with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been fun watching Snowmaggedon from afar, but wish I could be closer for your birthday. I'm still fantasizing about that sister getaway in a far off tropical clime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, happy birthday! Just make sure you let the hubby do the shoveling on your special day, would ya?! Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy B-day Sam! It's been so fun reading your blog and seeing your oh-so-great ideas and fun. Cute, cute fam! Hope you have a great (winter wonderland day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like you'll have a snowy one. Hope that hubby cooks something yummy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! looks like big fluffy pillows all around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow is right! I guess I need to stop complaining about the colder than normal winter here in Texas! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been hearing in the news about your storm...glad you're surviving! And happy, happy birthday, Samantha dear! HOpe it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Happy Birthday. Happy memories making.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday! It sounds like you all have had some great family time together. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Mrs. Sambo!!!! I actually checked your blog today for a sign of life after the "Big One" hit the east coast, glad your taking it so well. Much love to you on your 3-th B-day (for those that you've told you are 34!!!) I love you and am thinking of you today. Enjoy the snow, enjoy the kid-o's and tell all HI!!!

    Happy Birthday Sam...Much Love Always,

    Laurie Pratt Terry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy, Happy Birthay Baby.

    Rev up your shovel and Edward 10-15 inches more coming your way and mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday friend! You guys did get a lot of snow. Hope you will get back to the routine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is some serious snow accumulation you've got there. Perhaps the Polar Bears will want to move in. =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad I stumbled upon you blog. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Day!! The snow is absolutely beautiful. I can say that because it's 70 here and there is no chance of snow EVER! I miss it sometimes. Have fun with the kiddos and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Because of you, I'm no longer having a conversation with myself!