March 19, 2009

Three Days . . .

A flower can endure a day of end-of-winter weather,
for a day of warming sunshine
leading up to a day of rain to show its full glory.

A mom can do 12 breakfasts, 12 lunches, 3 dinners,
1 baseball practice, 6 piano practices and homework
and only miss a traveling Hubby 3,829 times.

A trusted and true friend can come for a visit,
a dragonfly can become a part-time baker
and a teenager can make a girl's night out possible.

A developing baby can cause multiple trips to the loo
and render calves useless with multiple Charley Horses,
all while multiplying the joy of one little family.

In three days time . . .

7 comments:

  1. How do you survive with Travis gone? I am a crappy single mom!! Is it bed time yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A poem, a poem, a poem!

    Excuse me while I go jump for joy!

    A poem, a poem, a poem!

    Thank you gifted dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely...love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. clever writing. i like you!!! you make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This beautifully wrapped up your week. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a gifted writer, always coming up with something clever to share. I love clicking your blog in my favorites folder to see what treat you have in store each day!

    ReplyDelete

Because of you, I'm no longer having a conversation with myself!